- 125g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 75g soft light brown sugar
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 100g milk chocolate, chopped into smallish chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5 and line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.
2. Gently melt the butter in a small saucepan. Put both sugars into a mixing bowl, pour in the melted butter and beat well with a wooden spoon. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and stir them in, then add the chocolate. You should have a pretty sloppy sort of mixture.
3. Dot heaped dessertspoonfuls of the mixture on to the baking sheets, leaving a good 4cm between them as they really spread out. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies are turning pale golden brown.